Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard graphics software for photographers, designers and digital artists can be quite an overwhelming application to understand with its very complex set of features.
Here is a link to an awesome compilation of 12 Beginner Tutorials for Getting Started With Photoshop, put together by Jacob Gube, on Mashable. Such a treasury of information - great for those transitioning from using Photoshop Elements to using Photoshop, or for anyone who considers themselves a beginner in Photoshop.
Here is a list of the tutorials (topics) included:
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Photoshop’s Toolbox
3. Photoshop For Beginners: The Power of Layers
4. Photoshop’s Filters
5. Layer Styles in Photoshop
6. Photoshop 101 – Adjustment Layers
7. Retouch and Healing Tools
8. A Comprehensive Introduction to the Type Tool
9. Photoshop 101: How To Use The Free Transform Tool
10. Master Photoshops Selection Tools in Under 30 Minutes
11. Installing And Managing Brushes And Other Presets
12. Photoshop Actions